Here are a few ways Smith Law has been working to support and protect workers' rights in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
- "Ramsey County board approves $1.4 million discrimination suit settlement with jail employees," from MPR News, 8/9/2022
- "Ramsey County jail officers of color barred from guarding Derek Chauvin win $1.46 million settlement," from StarTribune, 8/9/2022
- "$1.5 million settlement approved for Minnesota minority officers who were barred from guarding Derek Chauvin," from NBC News, 8/9/2022
- "Nearly $1.5 million settlement approved for correctional officers of color who were barred from guarding Derek Chauvin," from CNN, 8/9/2022
- "$1.5M settlement approved for correctional officers of color prohibited from guarding Derek Chauvin," from CBS News, 8/9/2022
- "Minnesota county settles with minority officers blocked from Chauvin," from Washington Post, 8/9/2022
- "Officers win $1.4M in discrimination suit over guarding Derek Chauvin," from Axios, 8/9/2022
- "8 corrections officers who were barred from guarding Derek Chauvin get $1.5M settlement," from USA Today, 8/10/2022
- "Discrimination Charges Allege Officers of Color Barred from Guarding Chauvin" from MSNBC, 6/23/2020
Contact Smith Law
If you're an employee or former employee suffering from discrimination or retaliation; a small businesses owner seeking assistance with employee handbooks, policy and form drafting and review, employment counseling, or internal investigations; or an employment law firm seeking experienced legal support, Smith Law is here to help.